Setting children on a path of lifelong learning.
Poipoia ā tātou tamariki ki te hīkoi i te ara o te mātauranga mō ake tonu atu
Our School and Community Vision
When students leave Sylvia Park School we would like them to…
- Achieve at or above national norms in literacy and numeracy to maximise all learning.
- Demonstrate initiative to contribute positively within a changing society.
- Be confident in their own identity.
- Show resilience and flexibility to overcome challenges.
- Maintain effective relationships based on tolerance, respect and honesty within a diverse community.
Welcome to Sylvia Park School
Tēnā koutou katoa
Thanks for dropping by our website. I hope you have a chance to trawl through it and get a sense of what life is like here at our beautiful school.
Sylvia Park School school is full of the finest children, staff and whānau that I have ever had the privilege to work with, and learn alongside. It makes turning up to work each day a joy.
We never fail to get excited about the things we can achieve as a collective that we would never be able to achieve alone. Each term we ask big questions that we all work together to try and answer. We call this our school-wide inquiry. We challenge ourselves to answer the question in a way that is real and meaningful. At the end of every term you will see our students applying the learning they have undertaken in real and meaningful ways. We love to see as many of our whānau taking part throughout our school-wide inquiry.
Myself, and all of the staff, are always more than happy to meet with you to discuss, celebrate and share the needs and achievements of your children so please don’t ever hesitate to approach any of us.
Barbara Ala'alatoa - Principal